- 1.2 "Non Personally Identifiable Information" refers to information that does not identify a specific individual by itself or in combination with other information. GEMELLI may gather certain information about you such as age, date of birth, gender, as well as consumer purchasing information based on the pages you visit on this website. This information may be compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the website's Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the Internet. An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol ("TCP/IP") network, such as the Internet. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet, allowing Internet servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses for users to communicate on the Internet and browse.
2. INFORMATION GEMELLI COLLECTSPersonally Identifiable Information GEMELLI may collect personally Identifiable Information when you inquire about its services:
- (a) Request product information;
- (b) Enter a contest or sweepstakes;
- (c) Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event either online or offline;
- (d) Correspond with Michael Hill; or
- (e) Otherwise volunteer information.
3. USE OF DATA GEMELLI COLLECTS
3.1 Personally Identifiable Information. GEMELLI always wants to provide you with the best possible browsing experience. In order to do this, GEMELLI uses your Personally Identifiable Information to allow it to:
- (a) Provide the information you request;
- (b) Send you catalogs or promotional offers GEMELLI believes will be of interest to you;
- (c) Identify your product and service preferences;
- (d) Customize our communications to you;
- (e) Provide information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased; and
- (f) Improve our merchandise selection and customer service.
3.2 Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
- (a) GEMELLI uses the Non-Personally Identifiable Information that GEMELLI collects from its customers and other visitors in a manner that does not personally identify any individual. Michael Hill uses Non-Personally Identifiable Information to make its website more interesting and useful to you. Michael Hill also tracks the pages or documents accessed within its website. This information is collected for systems administration and for analyzing and improving the value of the material available on the GEMELLI website. This Non-Personally Identifiable Information is used to help GEMELLI advertisers or GEMELLI site design team create advertisements our guests might like.
- (b) Cookies: Like many other commercial sites, our website utilizes standard technologies called "cookies" to collect information about how the website is used. A cookie is a small data text file, that a website stores on your computer's hard drive (if your web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to GEMELLI. Cookies are designed to help a website recognize a user's browser as a previous visitor and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set while the user was browsing the site. A cookie cannot be read by a website other than the one that set the cookie. Cookies can securely store a customer's password, personalize home pages or identify which parts of a site have been visited. For instance, cookies allow us to prepopulate (or fill in) an email field with your email address if you revisit one of our website and request information. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on a computer virus, or capture your email address.
- (c) When you click through to the GEMELLI website from a promotional email, its third-party advertising service partner may send a cookie to your hard drive recording your IP address and other related information.
4. INFORMATION GEMELLI SHARES WITH OTHERS
- (a) GEMELLI contracts with other companies (shippers, electronic direct marketing companies, sweepstakes promoters, website developers) to provide certain services to GEMELLI to fulfill information requests, provide sweepstakes and create its website. In some instances, these contractors may have access to Personally Identifiable Information but they are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality of the information and to use it only for purposes of carrying out the business of Michael Hill.
- (b) These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than Michael Hill.
4.2 Third Parties
- (a) From time to time, Michael Hill makes its postal mailing list (names and postal addresses only) available to carefully screened companies whose products Michael Hill believes will be of interest to you. If you prefer that Michael Hill not share any information with these companies, please contact the address shown above.
- (b) Your email address is never shared with any third party (except as described above to our contractors who use it ONLY to carry out Michael Hill business.)
5. DISCLOSURE EXCEPTIONS
- Notwithstanding the above policies,GEMELLI
- reserves the right to disclose your personal information to appropriate third parties if Michael Hill is required to do so by law or GEMELLI
- (a) To comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- (b) To protect the company's rights and property;
- (c) To investigate reports of fraud or of users sending material using a false e-mail address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages;
- (d) To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the GEMELLI website; or
- (e) During emergencies, such as when GEMELLI believes someone's physical safety is at risk.
- believes that such action is necessary:
6. YOUR CHOICES
- 6.1 GEMELLI offers choices about the types of information you receive from it. If you prefer not to receive product information or other communications from GEMELLI or if you prefer to receive them less frequently, please contact the address shown above.
- 6.2 Please be sure to provide your exact name and address, or the mailing label from your catalog, so that GEMELLI can be sure to identify you correctly. Because mailings are planned in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If, due to human error, you continue to receive unwanted communications, please contact GEMELLI again and GEMELLI will make every effort to correct the situation.
7. USE OF EMAIL
- GEMELLI will send you promotional email only if you have agreed to receive it. Instructions on how to unsubscribe are included in each edition of the newsletter. Your email address will be used only to respond to your request and will not be shared with any third parties. Instructions for unsubscribing are included in every email containing promotional material.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITE
- Occasionally GEMELLI provides links on its website to other sites GEMELLI thinks you will enjoy. These sites operate independently of GEMELLI and have established their own privacy and security policies. GEMELLI does not have any control over the privacy practices of these sites. For the best online experience, GEMELLI strongly encourages you to review these policies at any site you visit.
- It is GEMELLI intent to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that it has collected from you. GEMELLI employs reasonable security measures to protect the security of the information you submit to us. GEMELLI limits the information GEMELLI provides to outside companies with whom GEMELLI contracts to only what they need to carry out their responsibilities.
10. PRIVACY OF CHILDREN ON THE GEMELLI WEBSITE
- The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act imposes certain requirements on websites directed toward children under 13 that collect information on those children, or on websites that know they are collecting Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. GEMELLI wants to let you know that it currently is its policy not to collect Personally Identifiable Information from any person under 13 because children are not permitted to use this website, and GEMELLI requests that children under the age of 13 not submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us through the website. If GEMELLI learns that it has inadvertently gathered Personally Identifiable Information from children under 13, it will promptly erase such information from its records.
11. POLICY CHANGES
- If GEMELLI makes changes to any terms or conditions of the Policy, the changes will be posted on this portion of the website so that you will always know what information GEMELLI gathers, how GEMELLI might use that information, to whom GEMELLI may disclose it and what choices you have. Please be sure to check this page before proceeding to use the GEMELLI website.
12. QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
- GEMELLI welcomes any and all questions and feedback. For privacy-related issues, please contact:
+(972) - 546675855
At GEMELLI, we know that keeping your credit card information secure is important to you. That makes it very important to us. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 128bit encryption technology to protect your online information.
How do we make sure information is secure?
We use the latest encryption technology (Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL) to secure your personal information. The information you provide when you place an order is encrypted (or coded) using a secure server for maximum security. This coding makes it extremely difficult for anyone to reach your information as it moves through our ordering system.
Certain browsers will not allow communication through secure servers. If this is the case, you won't be able to place an order online. If you have any problems placing an order online please print your shopping page and place your order by phone at 800 555 1212. Please note that calls to 800 555 1212 that are not made from a UK landline may be subject to a charge.
To check the security of your computer, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser window if you are using Netscape, or the lower right-hand corner of your browser window if you are using Internet Explorer. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock, then the encryption technology is active and the server is secure. You can also check by looking at the URL line of your browser; when you access a secure server, the initial characters of the site address will be "https."
What if you link to another site?
Do I have to turn the security feature on when I want to shop?
The security features are automatic, and always on. You don't have to do anything but shop. Clicking "Checkout" on any page is all it takes to get started in our secure checkout process.
How do I know if I'm connected when I start ordering?
Once you've clicked the "Continue Checkout" button, your browser looks for a digital certificate to confirm that it's communicating with our web-site. Once a positive ID is made, your order will continue securely.
Are all the pages on your web-site secure?
Most of the pages on our website provide information about GEMELLI and our products. We make this information available freely and there's no reason for these pages to be "secure." The pages that we make secure are the ones on which you actually make the purchase, such as when managing your account, checking your order status, or within the "Checkout" area. For example, the entire checkout process, from introduction to final confirmation, is completely secure.
Is my information secure when it's transmitted across the Internet?
All of your information is encrypted before it's transmitted across the Internet, then decoded only after it arrives at our secure servers.
PRIVACY & SECURITY
How secure is my credit card and personal information?
Your security while shopping online with GEMELLI is extremely important to us, and we’ve taken all reasonable measures to make sure your credit card and personal details are kept safe at all times.
All areas of our website that require you to enter your personal information or payment details are secure, using 128 bit SSL encryption.
To check that the page you are viewing is secure, look for a padlock icon to the left of the address bar within your browser.
How do you deal with my personal information?
We want your online and instore experience to be enjoyable and we take care to respect your privacy when you visit our stores and our web site. We do this gladly because we know that if you have a good experience with us, you will want to visit our web site and our stores again... and maybe even tell your friends about us.